Friday, April 18, 2014

Easter Break, Italy, and Pictures from Copenhagen

It is now Easter break here in Denmark and goes for the entire week before Easter Sunday. Most people take the following Monday and Tuesday off for travel or time with family. As a result the entire country for the most part closes down. The major Grocery stores like Føtex, other major stores, and anything non essential government offices are closed. In addition most of the Danish students I live with have gone home so its really only the International student and a couple of the Danes here at the Dorm making it very quiet.

So you may ask yourself what is there to do then? Well that depends on the person, some people will travel, some have parties, or just work on project and papers. As for me I decided to travel, because I turned in my portfolio project early and I decided to go to Venice and Northern Italy with some friends. One of the cool things about Europe is you have some very good budget airlines like Ryan Air, Easy Jet, Wizz Air, etc. etc. and I would highly recommend using them as a student to travel around Europe because it can be worked into a reasonable budget.

Overall I really enjoyed Italy and Venice. The Alps were really cool and the City was absolutely stunning. Also went to one of the smaller islands outside of Venice called Burano which was outstanding.



The Apls

A Canal in Venice

Lunch inVenice

Lots of people in tiny spaces

the Doge of Venice

 

St Mark's Basilica

A Gondola
 

 

Inside the Doge.



 


Canal in Burano

Park in Burano

Another Canal




 
Some photos from the Copenhagen trip two Weekends ago that I said I would post.
 Royal Treasury
Royal gardens
 
Royal Guards
 
Nytorv
 
Nytorv
 
 
Danish Parliament building
 
Old Danish stock exchange building
 
Nytorv



So that's it for now everyone, enjoy the pictures. More travels to come while Easter break is going and after.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment