Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Half way done with classes and Spring is on its way.

So the beginning of March marked the half way point of classes for some Danish Students and all the ISEP students here at Aalborg University. Since physical classes are only 8 weeks long as I explain in my earlier posts, and we started at the beginning of February, by the end of March classes will be down. As for what students have to do for finals depends on your classes. For ISEP students your finals are different for every class. Some are papers, and projects while other are Pass/Fail. It can be very confusing at first but its a system that is different then what we are used to in the US. As for myself I have a paper and a portfolio project assignment due for two of my classes, while the others are submitting assignments as we go along with classes and attendance. Most of my final work is due in Late April, but the due dates can range from late April to the end of June when the Semester ends.

As for what most students do here, the beginning of April is popular for traveling to celebrate the end of in-person classes and then again in May and June to the beginning of the fall semester, which usually starts in late August early September. After travel, students come back, get back together with their groups and complete their projects and/or papers. One thing I've noticed about the Danish culture and student life is they are very laid back about doing things. They do not stress about everything at all times, they like to take their time and its not uncommon for them to just go somewhere in Denmark or to another country for a regular or long weekend to relax and get away. Something that I have embraced myself, as some weeks depending on classes and things you need to do you can have a lot of work or non at all for periods of time. But overall classes for me are very interesting as I'm taking Discourse(the study and use of language) for social and political use, the theories and methods behind them, a class in Scandinavian culture and history to know the region better, and intercultural communication.

Once I get a chance to download and sort through all my photos I will post some pictures and t
his next weekend the ISEP program run through the ICS office in Aalborg University is taking us to some Viking burial grounds just outside the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment