Saturday, May 3, 2014

Grades are coming in!

Hey everyone, grades are coming in for the classes I've taken. Most of them are graded but I'm still waiting on my Scandinavian history class grade. But good news, the portfolio I've spent a couple of weeks working on got graded on Friday and I go a 10 on the 12 Danish grading scale. This equals about a B in the US system. You may be asking yourself "why is he happy about a B?" Here are a few of the big reasons. One, they write in Academic English over here which is similar to written British English grammar. Yes there is a difference in how we write in the United States which is accepted as official University work then what is over here and it was a steep learning curve. Two, they teach very differently here as mentioned in earlier posts, so it was a lot to take in and get used too. Three, they also grade differently here then in the US. For example in the US you can used examples to make your point in an argument in an essay, but here you have to do that then relate it back to the theory and methods behind it to the tiniest detail. But overall I've passed every class so far, and I will past the rest.

I'll upload some photos from my trip to Skagen, Denmark soon, but until later everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment